Re: [perl #54702] Feature: regexp modifier to disable interpolationlike m''

From:
demerphq
Date:
September 3, 2012 08:58
Re: [perl #54702] Feature: regexp modifier to disable interpolationlike m''
Message ID:
CANgJU+WUyg5KWbzacFBy0Uk245KQb7x-SW-C0ZvpgGLKGTznHg@mail.gmail.com
On 3 September 2012 17:35, Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com> wrote:
>>What does Python or Java provide that qr// does not?
>
> I guess you're right, you can consider qr// to be an function which
> takes a string argument and returns a compiled regular expression.
> It is not just a means of quoting as q// or qw// are.

Yeah, comparing qr// to q// or qq// or qw// leads to confusion. Better
to compare with qx//.

Yves