Re: Seeking guidance on Benchmarking and potentially removing swash caching

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
Re: Seeking guidance on Benchmarking and potentially removing swash caching
Message ID:
CAJueppt12=e4+67XYL1ykFEFg0atCSF88cg+7=Ntirv6pAFqfA@mail.gmail.com

> Thank you for this idea.  I did it for Russian, and it showed the current
> scheme had between 20-25% advantage over my proposed one, so I won't be
> pursuing the proposal as-is.

Glad it gave you some results.  In the meanwhile I remembered another
source for more Unicode text,
but this time it is much shorter (though you can probably just
self-concat it enough times), and at least
in principle the same text:

http://www.unicode.org/standard/WhatIsUnicode-more.html

--
There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'. It is
'dead'. -- Jack Cohen