Re: deprecate and remove microperl (was Re: microperl (was Re: perl5.16.1-RC1 is now available))

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
Re: deprecate and remove microperl (was Re: microperl (was Re: perl5.16.1-RC1 is now available))
Message ID:
CAHhgV8hdR6XsmxGABOyOAch38vQPwOr1m38MEHJJAKoqfkqgHQ@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 5:02 AM, David Mertens <dcmertens.perl@gmail.com> wrote:
> You said miniperl but you meant microperl. busybox does not depend on
> microperl or distribute it but it has documentation on how to build
> microperl. There may be embedded systems out there running microperl just
> because they could and it would be a shame to bump off something that
> actually gets used (unlike UTS support, for example).
>
> I found a write-up by Simon about microperl and he mentioned that his work
> on microperl turned up some bugs. Does the maintenance work keeping
> microperl operational overshadow the bug-revealing benefit of keeping it?

Is there any reason to actually prefer microperl over miniperl? Can't
we just redirect to them to miniperl? This doesn't sound like a
serious problem to me.

Leon