Re: deprecate and remove microperl (was Re: microperl (was Re: perl5.16.1-RC1 is now available))

From:
David Mertens
Date:
Re: deprecate and remove microperl (was Re: microperl (was Re: perl5.16.1-RC1 is now available))
Message ID:
CA+4ieYVGz=KBj100CoYJ7gvJkAC8m+TdPiLwY1NYFAhpTRJqMQ@mail.gmail.com
You said miniperl but you meant microperl. busybox does not depend on
microperl or distribute it but it has documentation on how to build
microperl. There may be embedded systems out there running microperl just
because they could and it would be a shame to bump off something that
actually gets used (unlike UTS support, for example).

I found a write-up by Simon about microperl and he mentioned that his work
on microperl turned up some bugs. Does the maintenance work keeping
microperl operational overshadow the bug-revealing benefit of keeping it?

David