Re: IO::Socket::IP in core?

From:
Paul LeoNerd Evans
Date:
Re: IO::Socket::IP in core?
Message ID:
20120817203916.GQ19185@cel.leo
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:52:30AM -0400, David Golden wrote:
> I did see that you were fixing things and my comment was meant to
> imply that you were still diligently fixing it and checking it -- and
> so putting it in core would be premature until you had stabilized it.

I think it should be more stable now. I've just today put up 0.17, which
fixes a flakey unit test, so with any luck it should be nice and
reliable even on Windows now.

> Perlmonks historically seemed to have a fair number of Windows users.
> Also Gabor Szabo and the Padre people seem to focus a lot on Windows
> development.  Maybe you could reach out and ask for people to try it
> out from CPAN -- at least running the tests and inviting them to try
> some real code using it.  That would give some additional data points.

It seems to be being tested quite well, and successfully (at 0.16
anyway):

  http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=IO-Socket-IP+0.16

Perhaps if 0.17 appears to fix the flakey select() tests, we can deem it
suitable for core now?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leonerd@leonerd.org.uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/