JROBINSON grant report #4/#5

From:
Jess Robinson
Date:
August 14, 2012 08:48
Subject:
JROBINSON grant report #4/#5
Message ID:
alpine.LNX.2.00.1208141543560.13078@insel

Hi all,

Week #4 also got no work done. My original idea of the amount of time I
could put into this per month was apparently a really bad guess.

I am now setting aside actual time slots to make advances on this project.

As a consequence, for week #4 I can report actual doing things:

The usage of the external script "agcc" is now gone from the
x-compile-android branch, and replaced with the suggested $path_to_arm_gcc
--sysroot $path_to_arm_root.

This required some "fixing" in Errno_pm.PL which I will write a separate
post about shortly (having failed to do so last week).

The upshot of this is that upgrading the NDK to the latest version (SDK is
not required), works without any more code changes required. However it
does require changes to the canned config file, so next I'll look at
un-canning the config.

SUMMARY
-------

   6.5h - Removing agcc / making NDK easier to upgrade
   0.5h - Upgrading from r5c to r8 of NDK + testing

I shall be at YAPC::EU next week, which is not necessarily an excuse for
no work...

Jess Robinson