[perl #41382] Problem with rmtree on Windows UNC Path Perl 5.8.8

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
August 13, 2012 16:07
Subject:
[perl #41382] Problem with rmtree on Windows UNC Path Perl 5.8.8
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1344899224-1857.41382-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jan 31 02:57:48 2007, fmu67 wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I could not find any hint about my problem in your bug tracker, searching
> for rmtree and UNC Path. Only in the bugzilla system at Active State site
> I could found an entry with this subject, as follows:
> Bug 45042: Attachments
> No attachments
>  Top
> Description and Comments: No wrap
> ------- Description from Steven Suhr 2006-03-06 15:04
>
>         The modified implementation of rmtree in this distribution tries
> to chdir to a directory that is to be removed and then verify that '.'
has
> the same fileystem and inode numbers as the originally specified path. As
> a result of this change, rmtree on a Windows computer cannot remove a
> subdirectory of a network share specified as a UNC path, because the
first
> result returned by stat '.' is -1.
> Activity: no activity
>
> So I want to ask is there a problem that should solved from Active State
> or is the a general problem.
> I attache the bug report.
> Thanks for help.
> Sincerely
> Frank Mueller
> Ruecker GmbH                             Tel.: +49-89-350 300 738
> Domagkstrasse 13-15                FAX.: +49-89-350 300 59
> 80807 M´┐Żnchen                           Cell.: +49-160-7456655

Can anyone on Win32, particularly Active Perl, confirm whether this
problem exists in a supported version of Perl (5.14 or 5.16)?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new