Re: [perl #44367] goto LABEL doesn't work from within $SIG{__DIE__}

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
Re: [perl #44367] goto LABEL doesn't work from within $SIG{__DIE__}
Message ID:
5028C2B7.30202@cpan.org
On 07/03/2012 10:27 PM, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
> On Tue Jul 03 13:17:46 2012, doy wrote:
>> So have we decided this is a wontfix then?
>
> I haven’t. :-)
>
> I still think it a wart from the point of view of the Perl language
> (rather than the implementation) that goto works to exit subroutines and
> evals, but not sort blocks, tie/overload methods, eval 'BEGIN {...}', etc.
>
> I would still like to fix this.

I won't stop you, but *please* don't fix this at the cost of
performance. My gut feeling is that this is because of some obscure
optimization such as "sort blocks do multicall" that makes a very big
difference in practice.

--Steffen