Re: [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.17.2-69-g4a74e76

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
Re: [perl.git] branch blead, updated. v5.17.2-69-g4a74e76
Message ID:
20120804231524.GA8347@cancer.codesimply.com
* Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> [2012-08-04T18:58:14]
> The implication of my first paragraph are that if you rebase, do a
> merge commit, and someone in the meantime has pushed to blead, your
> push will fail, and your merge has to somehow be redone, as the 'git
> pull -rebase' will lose the fact that it was a topic branch.

Assuming I understand correctly, that is true — but since the topic branch will
have been rebased for the first merge, it is quite unlikely that the re-merging
will really be any non-trival amount of work, isn't it?  commit's -C switch
means you won't need to retype any message, etc.

I don't mean to make a big deal of a small detail, but sticking to "effectively
linear history even with merges" is, I think, easy.

--
rjbs