Re: Testing gitalist for perl5.git.perl.org

From:
Dennis Kaarsemaker
Date:
Re: Testing gitalist for perl5.git.perl.org
Message ID:
1343865610.3824.16.camel@localhost
On wo, 2012-08-01 at 12:14 -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:

> I think we'd want to keep gitweb running at least for a while, yes.

Absoultely.

> I think there's a lot to be said for the fact that it's almost certainly easier
> to hack on than gitweb.  Unfortunately, I know I won't be doing any of that
> hacking.  Unless we know someone will, it's an empty promise for us.

I think the fact that I was able to hack on it with no prior knowledge
of Moose, Catalyst or the Gitalist codebase proves that point :-)

> So, who wants to be a dedicated "Gitalist for p5p" hacker?

I'll definitely address all the feedback from this thread and #p5p and
want to take a stab at integrating cherrymaint, if you agree with making
a more public read-only interface for it.

--
Dennis Kaarsemaker, Systems Architect
Booking.com