Re: Testing gitalist for perl5.git.perl.org

From:
Dennis Kaarsemaker
Date:
Re: Testing gitalist for perl5.git.perl.org
Message ID:
1343864887.3824.10.camel@localhost
On ma, 2012-07-30 at 19:57 +0000, Father Chrysostomos wrote:
> Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> > If you do, please provide feedback here or in #p5p and I'll address it
> > as soon as I can. There are some known issues:
>
> The shortlog is not very short.  It takes three times as much space as
> gitweb.  Going back three hundred commits does not consist of simply
> clicking the next link three times, but scrolling down and right and
> clicking Other Commits 15 times.

Vertical whitespace is something that's on my list to address

>   Also, the fixed width is annoying.

Removing the fixed width will help with the vertical whitespace, so it's
on my list too.

> (The purpose of a big screen is to fit multiple things on the screen,
> not for one thing to require a huge window.)
>
> I usually tend to be alone in this.  So feel free to ignore me.  But
> could you leave an instance of gitweb running?

We're not switching to gitalist anytime soon, there's still too much to
address. And even after that, gitweb can be there as non-default
interface.

> > * Syntax::Highlight::Engine::Kate is a bit buggy,
>
> To put it mildly.  See
> <http://perl5.git.perl.org:3000/perl.git/HEAD/blob/t/op/write.t>.

Hmm, formats :)

--