Perl Saves SysAd Bacon

From:
BuSerD_
Date:
August 1, 2012 08:54
Subject:
Perl Saves SysAd Bacon
Message ID:
60B27169-20C4-463F-ACDB-F2AD4D0D48A9@mac.com
Big thanks to everyone involved in bringing the power of perl to the world.
It's not often that perl and bacon intersect(or at least I wouldn't think so).
But when they do, they do so very elegantly. In short, while coding a script
to notify me of an event I felt the subtle nudge of an empty stomach.
I then proceeded to the kitchen where bacon had become my fuel of choice.
Once the flesh hit the pan I returned to my workstation where inspiration had struck.
I resumed coding while the idea was fresh. Not realizing the number of minutes
which had passed while I was pulling Event::Lib into my code tradgedy loomed ever
closer. I had forgotten the bacon. Luckily for me the strength of perl is
that so many modules are readily available. Upon testing my script the notification
popped up and like any good "idea bulb" it snapped me out of what I was doing.
Instantly I remembered the bacon and sprang to action. Once I had topped off
my tank I could safely resume my coding. Who knew that perl + bacon could
be such graceful dance partners.

Keep up the great work!
Humbly BuSerD