Re: [perl #114278] Dual life install location

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
Re: [perl #114278] Dual life install location
Message ID:
CAHhgV8g_QxccQ5195FTJ75zJg-kbcAYt9HspZgGkJxeBFiGrLg@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Leon Timmermans <fawaka@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Leon Timmermans
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
>> The last two didn't show up when grepping (since they don't have a
>> Makefile.PL in core), I may have missed some more.
>
> That indeed seems to be the case. PathTools, AutoLoader, SelfLoader,
> parent, Archive::Tar, Filter::Simple, Text::Balanced,
> Package-Constants, NEXT, base, Text-ParseWords, File-Fetch, Net-Ping.
> And that's just from the first page of grep.cpan.me.

See http://grep.cpan.me/?q=INSTALLDIRS\s*%3D%3E.*perl and
http://grep.cpan.me/?q=installdirs\s*%3D%3E.*core for more. Quite
frankly, it seems we should assume any dual-life module is always
installing to 'perl' unless prove otherwise is given.

Leon