[perl #114184] Perl Error

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
July 26, 2012 16:26
Subject:
[perl #114184] Perl Error
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1343345162-334.114184-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jul 18 02:56:35 2012, rpopuri2@in.ibm.com wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I have installed swatch(Implemented in Perl) on AIX machine (5.3)
> successfully. I am getting the below error and swatch tool is exiting
from
> the current process after the given pattern matched.
>
> Date::Calc::PP::Delta_DHMS(): Date::Calc::Delta_DHMS(): not a valid date
> at /<folder1>/<folder2>/<user>/.swatch_script.868466 line 193
>
> I have installed the below perl packages as per recommendation.
>
> Carp-Clan-6.04
> Bit-Vector-7.1
> File-Tail-0.99.3
> TimeDate-1.20
> Date-Calc-6.3
> Time-HiRes-1.9725
>
> Perl installed version is 5.14.2
>
> Google search reveals me results on PP.pm. file. Anything wrong with this
> file?
>
> Please help me to fix this issue.

The information you have provided is probably not sufficient for a
diagnosis and correction of your problem.

I suspect someone would need to see .swatch_script.868466 to begin to
diagnose the problem. You would have to provide some code in order for
someone else to be able to determine whether you are, indeed, providing
a valid date format.

Moreover, if the problem is, as you suspect, in or under Date::Calc,
then it is not a problem which is appropriate for this list.
rt.perl.org handles problems with the Perl 5 core distribution.
Date::Calc is not part of that distribution.  Hence, it's out of scope
for this list/issue tracker.

You might want to consult Date::Calc's page on CPAN:
https://metacpan.org/module/Date::Calc

Or post on a list such as perlmonks.org.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new