Re: [perl #114278] Dual life install location

From:
David Golden
Date:
Re: [perl #114278] Dual life install location
Message ID:
CAOeq1c9m5c6BxUfB9ceHSX5f36FnsCWhaaCfUzQ2ErTgBhw7gQ@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Leon Timmermans
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> Historically, dual-life modules have upgraded to the "perl"/"core"
> installdirs (as opposed to site, where most modules go). This kind of
> made sense before 5.12, when we made sense out of our default loading
> order, but really doesn't anymore right now. We should make all dual
> life modules install to site when installed from CPAN on 5.12+.

I wonder if we should patch EU::MM and M::B to detect dual-life
modules from Module::CoreList and override the install location if
incorrect for a given version of Perl.

That might be too draconian, as someone might have reasons to install
in the wrong place -- but they could prompt first.

-- David