[perl #114278] Dual life install location

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
July 26, 2012 07:18
Subject:
[perl #114278] Dual life install location
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1343312267-1494.114278-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Leon Timmermans
# Please include the string:  [perl #114278]

Historically, dual-life modules have upgraded to the "perl"/"core"
installdirs (as opposed to site, where most modules go). This kind of
made sense before 5.12, when we made sense out of our default loading
order, but really doesn't anymore right now. We should make all dual
life modules install to site when installed from CPAN on 5.12+.

Currently, It seems at least these modules fail to do that:

Storable
Module-CoreList
lib
ExtUtils-CBuilder
IO
Encode
List-Util
Digest-SHA
Module-Plugable
CPANPLUS
Math-Complex
Time-Piece
Unicode-Normalize
Unicode-Collate
IPC-SysV
Compress-Raw-Bzip2
Win32API-File
DB_File
IO-Compress
Compress-Raw-Zlib
Mime-Base64
Time-HiRes
Devel-PPPort
Win32
ExtUtils-MakeMaker
Module-Build

The last two didn't show up when grepping (since they don't have a
Makefile.PL in core), I may have missed some more.

Leon