JROBINSON grant report #1

From:
Jess Robinson
Date:
July 16, 2012 01:47
Subject:
JROBINSON grant report #1
Message ID:
alpine.LNX.2.00.1207160917420.5954@insel

Good morning,

I'd better kick off this Cross-Compiling thing!

My first week has seen me spend hours mostly on setting up and admin. I
have had several offers of testing help as well as folks who have done
their own adventures into Perl cross-compiling, for Android and other
things. To organise communications a bit, I have therefore setup a Wiki
using github to list interested parties and existing solutions:

https://github.com/castaway/perl/wiki/_pages

Any suggestions for a better place to put this? I asked a bit in #p5p and
we didn't seem to have one. Somewhere other folks can contribute to would
be handy, I'm not sure if github allows that.

This week I plan to get started on updating my existing cross-compiling
code to run with the latest Android SDK/NDK, and making the tool paths
easier to integrate.

SUMMARY
-------

   3.5h  - Setting up Wiki, emailing helpers, setting up tasks on planner.

Jess Robinson