[perl #113020] CPAN::autobundle in INSTALL should be a link

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 13, 2012 17:02
Subject:
[perl #113020] CPAN::autobundle in INSTALL should be a link
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11172-1342224170-1147.113020-15-0@perl.org
On Mon May 21 17:01:23 2012, jkeenan wrote:
> On Mon May 21 03:02:03 2012, l.mai@web.de wrote:
> > The INSTALL file says:
> >
> > Also see CPAN::autobundle for one
> > way to make a "bundle" of your currently installed modules.
> >
> > It's not quite clear from this whether 'CPAN::autobundle' is supposed
> >    to be a
> > module or a function in 'CPAN'.
> >
> > I think it would be better to change it to L<CPAN/autobundle>.

INSTALL may be read by people without pod formatters, so I think we
should avoid L<.../...> syntax.

> I believe the problem is a bit bigger than that.  A CPAN search
> (http://search.cpan.org/search?query=CPAN%3A%3Aautobundle&mode=module)
> turns up CPANPLUS::Dist::Autobundle as well as CPAN::Bundle.  Googling
> also returns a multiplicity of somewhat plausible results.
>
> We probably first have to decide what INSTALL should be recommending in
> this paragraph, and only then decide whether it's a link or something
else.

I‘m pretty confident that refers to CPAN/autobundle.

I’ve just changed the wording, in commit c75cfcf, to make the reference
clear.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---