Re: Objects without stashes?

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
Re: Objects without stashes?
Message ID:
CAHiT=DEqqpxtwXavEp9+nK5ibrWU0xE1twzo0UcWHu9XoUxRng@mail.gmail.com
I forgot the simple stash logic that every HV with a NAME is a STASH.
No need for a flag to check.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 07:28:14AM -0500, Reini Urban wrote:
>> SVf_OOK is not needed anymore for HVs as HVs now require always the
>> hv_aux struct.
>
> Huh?
>
> $ p -MDevel::Peek -e'my %h; Dump \%h; each %h; Dump \%h' 2>&1 | grep FLAGS
>   FLAGS = (TEMP,ROK)
>     FLAGS = (PADMY,SHAREKEYS)
>   FLAGS = (TEMP,ROK)
>     FLAGS = (PADMY,OOK,SHAREKEYS)

Yes, each requires that.
In my experiments all my simple hashes (created in the compiler) without hv_aux
fail to work since 5.15, even when not using each. hv_store also
accesses now RITER.
We should create all our hashes with hv_aux already and forget about
the OOK checks.
--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/   http://www.perl-compiler.org/