Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Linda W
Date:
Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
4FF88A2C.8010405@tlinx.org

Leon Timmermans via RT wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Linda W <perl-diddler@tlinx.org> wrote:
>
>> Perfectly good?
>>
>> Your perfect maybe,
>>
>> Why not just make use vars qw(xxx)
>> into
>>
>> vars $one, $two;
>>

> Why would we? Package vars is not something people should be using
> often anyway in modular Perl, having a yet another option for handling
> them seems rather superfluous. Besides, it's not like these difference
> matter in clean code anyway

----
    Actually better example...
main split across 3 places due to BEGIN requirements.

beginning because it is the default where one expects program constants,

after a 'vars' routine that runs at begin time, so main can have some too,

then the main code down below after everything is defined.

Clean code?  in perl?  yeah, it happens, but to get around language
restrictions,
my code is hardly what I'd call 'clean'...