Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Linda W
Date:
Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
4FF88924.5050608@tlinx.org

Leon Timmermans via RT wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Linda W <perl-diddler@tlinx.org> wrote:
>
>> Perfectly good?
>>
>> Your perfect maybe,
>>
>> Why not just make use vars qw(xxx)
>> into
>>
>> vars $one, $two;
>>

> Why would we? Package vars is not something people should be using
> often anyway in modular Perl, having a yet another option for handling
> them seems rather superfluous. Besides, it's not like these difference
> matter in clean code anyway.

----
    Develop a large package across multiple files... call it unclean see
if anyone cares.

> Because the lexical scope reduces action at a distance to something
> that's predictable, even if it's occasionally not what you want.

???
use package indiana; {pop context and  "our $pi=3"}
package math;
our $pi=4*atan(1,1);
package cad;

design circular structure; using $pi';

yeah, real predictable....

thanks indiana!
;-/

hey, don't say it can't happen, murphy's got at least a $20...