Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
9828.1341673113@chthon
Jesse Luehrs <doy@tozt.net> wrote on Sat, 07 Jul 2012 08:05:21 CDT:

>On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 10:43:40PM -0700, Linda W wrote:
>> Personally, I'd like to see 'our' create a package scoped variable
>> that exists wherever the package is.

> I very much wouldn't. The current behavior of our actually makes
> sense in terms of scoping, really don't think we need to be moving
> backwards here.

Agreed.  Making "our" switch around with changes in the default package
instead of changes in scope would be two steps in the wrong direction.

--tom