Re: bisect-runner.pl got confused about blead

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
Re: bisect-runner.pl got confused about blead
Message ID:
20120706165251.GC9583@plum.flirble.org
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 02:19:42PM +0100, Zefram wrote:
> demerphq wrote:
> >The version in nicholases private branch or the one in blead?
>
> That was from near blead.  I think actually copied from v5.17.1.
>
> >Hardly bizarre. It is the default branch for a clone of the repo.
>
> The program had, as far as I could see, no reason to refer to blead.
> I'd told it which range of commits to look at.  Nicholas has explained
> that it wanted to look in blead to get hold of a working version of
> makedepend.  We figured bisect-runner can refer to a known tag, which
> has a better chance of existing under a known name.

The version in nicholas/bisect should now work properly even if there isn't
a blead branch (or tag). It uses the last known stable tag for getting files
such as makedepend.SH. If 'blead' doesn't exist then for the search end it
uses the more recent (topologically) of HEAD or the last stable tag.

Nicholas Clark