Re: Objects without stashes?

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
Re: Objects without stashes?
Message ID:
CAHhgV8i1CkLjgNymRsB1A68JsXaSRSWdsZtwhoXqzc2ACxPOsQ@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Ricardo Signes
<perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> I proposed this in 2008:
>
>  http://markmail.org/message/3wwf7pra3whfks5n

I knew I couldn't be the first with this idea.

> It was very exciting, to me, to have things half-working, but the second 90%
> was problematic.  Florian's anonymous stashes were useful, but wouldn't survive
> threaded builds, and the idea of building it all with magic on the stashes was
> grody, to put it lightly.

Which only more confirms my conviction that this should be fixed at a
deeper level.

> To what extent does this sort of thing prefigure Stevan Little work on p5-mop?
> While I'd love to have this feature, we wouldn't want the two to play against
> one another.

This is more of an implementation detail that would should make things
more sane It shouldn't affect the design of the mop itself (though it
should be powerful enough to be able to support the mop).

Leon