[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 6, 2012 08:30
Subject:
[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28836-1341588620-1392.113974-14-0@perl.org
On Fri Jul 06 08:21:29 2012, demerphq wrote:
> On 6 July 2012 17:19, Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com> wrote:
> > Not so. Equally new var there. A variable is an association between
> a name
> > and an address. "state", "our", and "my" equally create variables.
>
> our doesnt create anything.

At least two things: 2) a pad slot and 3) confusion.

Oops, I was fiddling with $[ when I wrote that. :-)

Actually, if you look at the implementation, you will see that our $foo
actually does create a *foo GV at compile time, if it does not already
exist.

--

Father Chrysostomos