Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
CALJW-qEJ1-6W8ABXMmaoYhPemD19k3-91pvBO9o3bQgni8QzEA@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com> wrote:

> You're also completely wrong about where and when it's created. A "my"
> variable is created at run-tine, and either cleared or recreated on scope
> *exit*.

oops, "run-tine" should be "compile-time"

To summarize:

scope: Where a variable is visible. Has nothing to do with allocation.
lexical scoping or static scoping: Scope known at compile-time. (e.g. my,
state, our)
dynamic scoping: Scoping varies at run-time. (e.g. local)