Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Linda W
Date:
Re: [perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
4FF63DBA.5050305@tlinx.org

` Jesse Luehrs via RT wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 06:11:48PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:
>
>>> In commit 66b3001, I've adapted that and tried to clarify
>>> documentation for 'our'.
>>>
>> +the lexical scope of the C<our> declaration.  In this way, C<our>
>> differs from
>> +C<use vars>, which creates file-scoped aliases instead.
>>
>> I think you meant package-scoped.

----
    Actually, as near as I can tell, they are at the Perl-global level --
and exist outside of packages -- and outside of files.

They are accessible to any package that "uses them", but don't belong to
any package.

They are the true GLOBAL variables, but only accessible in those packages
that "use vars" them.

At least that's how I understand it from my testing...if that's not what
other people think, I'd like to know why given the posted test progs...