[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 5, 2012 18:11
Subject:
[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28034-1341537107-1424.113974-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jul 05 17:19:47 2012, xdaveg@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Father Chrysostomos via RT
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> > ‘our’ could certainly be documented better.  Somewhere we need to state
> > it nice and clearly like this:
> >
> > C<our> makes a lexical alias to a package variable.
>
> Good way to put it.

If only it were true. :-)  I doesn’t play nicely with package aliasing,
but I plan to fix that soon.

> In commit 66b3001, I've adapted that and tried to clarify
> documentation for 'our'.

+the lexical scope of the C<our> declaration.  In this way, C<our>
differs from
+C<use vars>, which creates file-scoped aliases instead.

I think you meant package-scoped.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---