[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 5, 2012 18:09
Subject:
[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28836-1341536957-1405.113974-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jul 05 17:23:06 2012, doy@tozt.net wrote:
> Not quite - we still need to fix "dynamic variables",

I have often been confused as to why they are called that.  Perhaps
because they can be swapped out dynamically with local and *foo = ...?
‘Package variables’ would be a better term.

> and decide whether
> multiple 'our' declarations in the same scope should warn, like 'my'
> declarations do.

One of my pet peeves:  I can’t use prefix ‘our’ when I use $AUTOLOAD,
because it might warn.  I have to put ‘our $AUTOLOAD;’ at the top, which
is sometimes less convenient that putting it next to each use (making
refactoring easier).

It should probably only warn if the second ‘our’ is in a different package.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open