[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 5, 2012 16:03
Subject:
[perl #113974] package NAMESPACE manpage comments
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28836-1341529395-517.113974-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jul 05 15:44:55 2012, LAWalsh wrote:
>     I don't even like the word "discouraged" -- because too many people,
> refer to
> "our" as package variables -- Which they ARE -- "sorta", BUT...they
> continue on in the
> current scope even into other packages.
>
> So when you use an 'our' variable, it's not necessarily a package
> variable of the current
> package!...

‘our’ could certainly be documented better.  Somewhere we need to state
it nice and clearly like this:

C<our> makes a lexical alias to a package variable.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open