[perl #113930] Breaking the API for newMYSUB ([perl #11930] Lexical subs)

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 5, 2012 14:46
Subject:
[perl #113930] Breaking the API for newMYSUB ([perl #11930] Lexical subs)
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28836-1341524798-779.113930-14-0@perl.org
newMYSUB is listed in the API.  (It has an A in embed.fnc and shows up
in the undocumented list in perlapi.pod.)

This is its signature:

#ifdef PERL_MAD
OP *
#else
void
#endif
Perl_newMYSUB(pTHX_ I32 floor, OP *o, OP *proto, OP *attrs, OP *block)

Implementing lexical subs within the constrains of the current
parameters and return value is not impossible, but hardly sane.  It
would be easier to make newMYSUB a stub that dies, and create a
completely new function.

Instead, can I just change this?  Nothing uses it.  All it does
currently is die anyway.

--

Father Chrysostomos