Re: [perl #113796] blead: lib/File/stat.t failure on AIX

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
Re: [perl #113796] blead: lib/File/stat.t failure on AIX
Message ID:
20120704111554.GX9069@plum.flirble.org
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 11:59:00PM -0700, Father Chrysostomos via RT wrote:

> So it seems File::stat *is* buggy, and the test is just not good enough
> half the time.  Or the test is wrong.
>
> I think the test is wrong, as -l _ will fail after a stat.  You have to
> do lstat for -l _ to work.  Similarly, -l $stat_obj should only return
> true if the $stat_obj was returned by File::stat::lstat.  For
> File::stat::stat, -l should either return false or die.  Currently it
> returns false.  -l _ dies after stat.

Yes, I think you're right. I didn't introduce the bug in my recent
refactoring of the test, but I didn't spot it either.

Thanks for fixing it.

Nicholas Clark