[perl #113792] Unused punctuation variables don't interpolate

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 3, 2012 13:31
Subject:
[perl #113792] Unused punctuation variables don't interpolate
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28836-1341347510-1398.113792-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jul 03 11:43:08 2012, pilcrow wrote:
> On Fri Jun 22 17:51:37 2012, sprout wrote:
> this.  I
> they
> > > >

> > > Are you saying this is a documentation bug?
> >
> > No, but the repercussions of that sort of change worry me.  Maybe I
> just
> > need to think it through more.
>
> How about adding ``(W deprecated, ambiguous) Reserved variable %s will
> someday interpolate''
> to 5.16.x whenever an unused punct variable plausibly should have
> interpolated?
>
> If the behavior is later correcte^Wchanged so that unused, reserved
> variables do interpolate,
> it'd be charitable to replace that with a new warning:  ``(W
> ambiguous) Possible unintended
> interpolation of reserved variable %s''

Neither of those possibilities makes me feel uneasy.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open