[perl #44367] goto LABEL doesn't work from within $SIG{__DIE__}

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 3, 2012 13:27
Subject:
[perl #44367] goto LABEL doesn't work from within $SIG{__DIE__}
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28836-1341347227-1400.44367-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jul 03 13:17:46 2012, doy wrote:
> So have we decided this is a wontfix then?

I haven’t. :-)

I still think it a wart from the point of view of the Perl language
(rather than the implementation) that goto works to exit subroutines and
evals, but not sort blocks, tie/overload methods, eval 'BEGIN {...}', etc.

I would still like to fix this.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---