Re: [perl #96212] Swapping of $< and $> should be deprecated

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
Re: [perl #96212] Swapping of $< and $> should be deprecated
Message ID:
CAHhgV8hNUwwO7-2qNjK8R33AKSGEocbUsMewPOmOwEqcpkRgUA@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Jesse Luehrs via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> Pushed to doy/deprecate_uid_gid_swap. Didn't merge yet because the test
> isn't really very accurate, it just checks for any of $<, $>, $(, or $)
> being used on both the right and left side of a list assignment, but
> would anyone be doing that outside of this context? Detecting an actual
> swap would be pretty complicated.

Actually, it's easily and reliably detectable in runtime, pp_aasign
may be a better place to issue the warning, though maybe we'd want to
make sure it doesn't keep giving that warning.

Leon