[perl #111462] refcount warnings when Safe encounters prohibited ops

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
June 29, 2012 00:33
Subject:
[perl #111462] refcount warnings when Safe encounters prohibited ops
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28836-1340955216-487.111462-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Apr 03 08:50:01 2012, sprout wrote:
> The unbalanced string table warnings are now back to the 5.14 level, so
> Safe no longer triggers them in those cases cited.  However, the
> underlying problem is still present, as we still get a warning in this
case:

> $ PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL=1 ./perl -Ilib -MSafe -e
> 'Safe->new->reval(q(BEGIN{$^H{foo}=bar}use strict))'
> Unbalanced string table refcount: (1) for "foo" during global destruction.
>
> This ticket should probably still stay open, but it no longer needs to
> block 5.16.

That last issue is now fixed!

See commit 8be227ab5e, which was merged to blead by c5fb998.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open