[perl #112312] perl5 version 5.14.2 coredumps during perl -c

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
June 29, 2012 00:32
Subject:
[perl #112312] perl5 version 5.14.2 coredumps during perl -c
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28836-1340955114-1675.112312-14-0@perl.org
On Sat Jun 23 16:32:20 2012, sprout wrote:
> On Fri Jun 22 18:31:51 2012, sprout wrote:
> > On Wed Apr 25 03:38:30 2012, davem wrote:
> > > I think another suggestion that was mooted a while ago would be to
> > > allocate OPs from a pool or slab, with a new pool/slab started
each time
> > > we start compiling a new sub, and the pool in some way marked as
> complete
> > > at the end of compiling the sub. On croaking, all the OPs in the
> > > unfinished pools are freed. That way most code doesn't need to be
> > > modified.
> >
> > You mean something like this attachment?
>
> I’ve broken it into a few commits and pushed it to the smoke-me/slop
> branch.  It still contains a megapatch though, because most of it is
> interdependent.

After two weeks writing the initial patch and another week tweaking and
testing it, I’ve finally merged it as c5fb998.

I just had another look at 8be227ab5e, which is the main part of it, and
I think that’s the longest commit message I’ve written!

It’s probably also my greenest patch.

--

Father Chrysostomos