CPAN Smoke of magicflags6 looking good so far

From:
Reverend Chip
Date:
June 27, 2012 23:16
Subject:
CPAN Smoke of magicflags6 looking good so far
Message ID:
4FEBF6CA.7020503@gmail.com
Some reports on the CPAN smoke of magicflags6, with modules that
reported smoke failures, as built on my i686 VM with 64-bit ints.
Short version: So far, magicflags6 is looking like a winner.
 * SimpleCDB fails for not my fault - /usr/local/bin/perl is hard-coded
in the tests - should be blacklisted until fixed.
 * DBD::mysql builds OK (reported"missing")
 * Daemon::Control builds OK (reported"fail")
 * CAM::SOAPApp ditto
 * Math::Cephes ditto
 * Server::Starter ditto
 * XML::Twig - passes.  problem is actually in dependency HTML::Tidy
which doesn't know how to install itself

And the only actual oddity:
 * Text::FIGlet - fails, reproducibly, but there is no XS code in this
module!  I've asked the author for help, but I'm stumped for now.

And of course the compression modules, which I've already patched, and
I've submitted the patches upstream as well.