[perl #112990] Documentation for 'kill' should call more attention to using names instead of numbers

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
June 22, 2012 23:50
Subject:
[perl #112990] Documentation for 'kill' should call more attention to using names instead of numbers
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-5009-1340434202-632.112990-15-0@perl.org
On Sat May 26 22:49:30 2012, sprout wrote:
> On Sat May 26 22:44:13 2012, dmcbride@cpan.org wrote:
> > On Saturday May 26 2012 11:16:26 AM you wrote:
> > > But for your patch to be applied, we need tests at least for the
> > > behaviour it is changing.  Tests for other untested aspects of kill
> > are
> > > nice, but not necessary to get this patch in.
> >
> > Is there someone on the list that has more understanding of process
> > groups
> > than I who could help?  (That is, *any* understanding would suffice.)
>
> All I know is based on kill’s documentation, I’m afraid.
>
> If it’s not testable, then two pairs of eyeballs are probably
> sufficient.  I’ll read through it one more time, and then wait a bit for
> someone else to speak up.

Attached is a slightly tweaked version, based on Hugo’s input and my doc
suggestion.

If you can write a commit message for it, I’ll apply it.  (I know, I
could copy and paste parts of the thread, but I’m on my way to bed now.)

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open