Re: 5.16.1 candidates

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
June 21, 2012 07:25
Re: 5.16.1 candidates
Message ID:
20120621142537.GA1369@mars.tony.develop-help.com
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 08:13:29AM -0400, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> * https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=112736 was not applied for
>   5.16.0 because it introduced test failures; I'm not sure it's in a state to
>   apply now, either;  if this is going to get applied, perhaps the best thing
>   is for it to get applied in blead, hammered out there, released to CPAN (IO
>   is dual-life) and then backported.

I have an alternate set of changes in tonyc/cpan61577

I have two issues to solve with it:

a) when I tested it on HP-UX the test that was failing pre-5.16 always
passed, which made it difficult to skip appropriately.  I may end up
pushing it to blead to see if I get errors from more regular testing
and add skips as needed.

b) I need to add documentation that the methods involved are
unreliable/platform dependent in some cases.

Tony