[perl #113536] GetEnvironmentStrings() mess up the values for non-ascii strings

From:
Steve Hay via RT
Date:
June 15, 2012 00:56
Subject:
[perl #113536] GetEnvironmentStrings() mess up the values for non-ascii strings
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-5009-1339746962-629.113536-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Jun 14 09:02:31 2012, bulk88. wrote:
> On Thu Jun 14 00:56:57 2012, Steve.Hay@verosoftware.com wrote:
> > So the
> >    only problem remaining is what happens in the case when
> characters
> >    outside of the current ANSI codepage appear in the environment,
> and
> >    that would be worth logging as a separate bug.
>
> I agree.  [...] Anyways, I'm done. You can apply the patch,
> and
> there should be enough notes in this ticket for someone in the future
> work on the remainder of the problems.

I added a note to perltodo.pod in commit 799c141b0d referring to this
ticket since the problem of Unicode in the environment (and in filenames
etc) is already a known problem.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open