RE: MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int for perl-5.18 ?

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
June 11, 2012 01:30
RE: MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int for perl-5.18 ?
Message ID:
1B32FF956ABF414C9BCE5E487A1497E70D86B161@ukmail02.planit.group
Sisyphus wrote on 2012-06-10:
> All good so far - though I think I've used the same compiler as you.
> I didn't actually get very far with the test suite. The failing TODO
> tests in re/reg_eval_scope.t cause crashes, which results in the
> termination of the running of the test suite.

I don't get the whole test suite terminating -- just a pop-up for the crashing test, which I dismiss and then the rest continues. The pop-up can also be disabled, of course.

> A less important issue - in some discussion with kmx we noticed that,
> although config.gc defines d_longdbl, it sets d_longlong to undef. And
> in config_H.gc, HAS_LONG_DOUBLE is defined, but HAS_LONG_LONG is not.
>
> These are probably inconsequential, but we felt they should be fixed -
> if only for consistency, and to avoid confusion. (Unless, of course,
> there are good reasons to not do this.) I've built my
> MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.16.0 and
> MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int-5.16.0 with both d_longlong and
> HAS_LONG_LONG defined - just to see if it causes anything untoward to
> happen. (No problems yet that I'm aware of.)
>
> If it's agreed that these are appropriate changes, then now is
> probably a good time to make them.

Thanks for the spot. I've fixed this in e4a93c7214.