What does CvOUTSIDE mean on an undef sub?

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
June 10, 2012 16:18
Subject:
What does CvOUTSIDE mean on an undef sub?
Message ID:
5E723C4D-E8B7-44B0-8E4A-A41F4D03EC80@cpan.org
As far as I know, CvOUTSIDE only exists for pads to work.  But even after undefining a sub it still has CvOUTSIDE set.  Does it need to?

I’ve just noticed that a forward declaration like ‘sub foo;’ gets a pad when reified, and it also has CvOUTSIDE set, based on where the reification happened.  But the subroutine still has no body.  And definining it for real replaces the pad and CvOUTSIDE.

This seems like a waste of CPU cycles to me.