develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2012

[perl #64772] IO::Handle->sync fails on an O_RDONLY descriptor

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
May 30, 2012 17:23
Subject:
[perl #64772] IO::Handle->sync fails on an O_RDONLY descriptor
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-5009-1338423783-186.64772-15-0@perl.org
On Wed May 30 13:44:17 2012, eam0 wrote:
> It was suggested to me that this could use a test. I've limited it to
> linux because the particular
> behavior of fsync can be platform specific. I copied the layout of
> t/io/iofile.t -- please let me
> know if I haven't written this test correctly.

I'll look at testing and applying this in the next few days.

Since sync is an IO::Handle method the tests belong under dist/IO/t

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open