develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2012

Re: [perl #89032] utf8-bracket support

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 22, 2012 15:30
Re: [perl #89032] utf8-bracket support
Message ID:
20120522222956.GA6299@cancer.codesimply.com
> There have been multiple proposals involving changes to make syntax more
> compliant (read: up-to-date) with Unicode recommendations.  If we follow
> this route for all of them, we end up with a large number of
> backward-incompatible changes.  Hence I would prefer for this to be
> enabled under ‘use feature’.  To avoid an explosion (ahem, look what we
> already have!) of too many individual features, let’s make all the
> Unicode changes at once and put them under the ‘unicode_syntax’ feature.

Karl, what did you think about this suggestion?  It seems plausible, although
we'd probably want to keep it an experimental feature until it was pretty much
done. :)

--
rjbs