develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2012

MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int for perl-5.18 ?

From:
Sisyphus
Date:
May 22, 2012 02:53
Subject:
MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int for perl-5.18 ?
Message ID:
6AC52DD00C96415A9E919A02F12DD05F@desktop2
Hi,

With the release of 5.16.0, kmx has built (and made available) an
MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int version of Strawberry Perl.
He has also made public the patches he applied to achieve this at
http://svn.ali.as/cpan/trunk/Perl-Dist-Strawberry/share/perl-5.16-x86-64int/diffs_for_info_only/

Based on those patches, I created (in the win32 folder of the 5.16.0 source)
a config.gc_64int that differed from config.gc as per the attached
config.gc.diff,
and a config_H.gc_64int that differed from config_H.gc as per the attached
config_H.gc.diff:

I also patched the win32/makefile.mk as per the attached makefile.mk.diff.

I can then build either a -Duse64bitint or a -Uuse64bitint version of
32-bit perl for Windows (depending, of course, upon how I edit the new
makefile).

Is there any interest in having this capability built into the perl source
for 5.18 ?

Cheers,
Rob