develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2012

[perl #45241] Not sure what to do next...

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
May 3, 2012 19:06
Subject:
[perl #45241] Not sure what to do next...
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-4610-1336097208-1542.45241-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Sep 07 06:37:00 2007, doughera wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Kowalski, Michael wrote:
>
> > # New Ticket Created by  "Kowalski, Michael"
> > # Please include the string:  [perl #45241]
> > # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.
> >
> > # uname -a
> > SunOS kmgapps2 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V445
> > # sh Configure -Duse64bitall -des
>
> [ ... normal Configure output ... ]
>
> > Use which C compiler? [/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc]
> >
> > cc: Warning: -xarch=generic64 is deprecated, use -m64 to create 64-bit
> > programs
>
> It's not obvious there's much we can do about this.  The -xarch=generic64
> is coming from a call to Solaris's getconf.  There may be some sort of
> patch or update to /usr/bin/getconf to update it with what the newer
> compiler is expecting.
>
> In any case, that's not the problem here.
>
> > I've tried to compile and run the following simple program:
> >
> > #include <stdio.h>
> > int main() { printf("Ok\n"); return(0); }
> >
> > I used the command:
> >
> >         /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -o try -O -xarch=generic64
> > -I/usr/local/include -xarch=generic64 -L/usr/lib/sparcv9
> > -L/usr/ccs/lib/sparcv9 -L/opt/SUNWspro/prod/lib/v9 -L/lib/sparcv9
> > -L/usr/local/lib try.c -lsocket -lnsl -ldb -ldl -lm -lc
> >
> >          ./try
> >
> > and I got the following output:
> > ld: fatal: library -ldb: not found
> > ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to try
>
> Configure has found a library -ldb somewhere.  (Since you ran
Configure in
> silent mode, I can't see whether or not it's a shared library, but I'll
> guess Configure thinks it found a shared library in
> /usr/local/lib/libdb.so.)
>
> Could you check and find the full path to libdb?  Make sure it's a valid
> library.  You can try for your self to compile the test program with
> the compile command Configure used.
>
> If you don't care about -ldb (which is used to support the Berkeley DB
> module) then you can simply remove -ldb from the list of libraries.
> (One way to do that is to run Configure interactively up to that point,
> and then respond with '&-d' to get Configure to accept all the defaults
> for the rest of the program.
>
> Hope this helps,

We never heard back from the original poster, so we have no reason to
believe that Andy D.'s suggestion did not work.

Can we close this ticket?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---