develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2012

Re: [perl #76546] regex engine slowdown bug

From:
demerphq
Date:
April 23, 2012 08:12
Re: [perl #76546] regex engine slowdown bug
Message ID:
CANgJU+UdNOjvFZbtcBgn-E8BsWmP_kH9fs5dB+tKWJanctzigw@mail.gmail.com
On 23 April 2012 16:53, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> * demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2012-04-23T10:31:26]
>> Can we just start a branch for 5.16 and let blead carry on please?
>
> I've suggested doing this before and gotten both "please yes" and "please no."
> I would like to branch blead sooner than "after release" but not to have to
> argue about it any time soon.  So, my preference is to do just as you
> suggest... around 5.17.9, with lots of notice and whatever argument is needed
> happening before then.
>
> With the above in mind, please let's save the likely argument about the
> argument until a little later? :)

Sure. Until then maybe we should create a branch namespace for all the
stuff waiting.

Yves