develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2012

Re: [perl #76546] regex engine slowdown bug

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
April 23, 2012 07:53
Re: [perl #76546] regex engine slowdown bug
Message ID:
20120423145306.GA4771@cancer.codesimply.com
* demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2012-04-23T10:31:26]
> Can we just start a branch for 5.16 and let blead carry on please?

I've suggested doing this before and gotten both "please yes" and "please no."
I would like to branch blead sooner than "after release" but not to have to
argue about it any time soon.  So, my preference is to do just as you
suggest... around 5.17.9, with lots of notice and whatever argument is needed
happening before then.

With the above in mind, please let's save the likely argument about the
argument until a little later? :)

--
rjbs