develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2012

Re: [perl #76546] regex engine slowdown bug

From:
demerphq
Date:
April 23, 2012 07:31
Re: [perl #76546] regex engine slowdown bug
Message ID:
CANgJU+Xp8zatVzH2wJBcnnvpJ+gW+NtuJ=QLnDV156uOejUsJg@mail.gmail.com
On 22 April 2012 19:45, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> * demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2012-04-22T08:25:58]
>> Actually, find_byclass() failing on s..e means you cant match anywhere
>> in s..e so restarting at e seems fine.
>>
>> Unless someone can see a counter argument i will apply this sometime.
>
> Like 5.17.0?  Sounds awesome!  Fast regexp for everyone!

Yes. But......

Can we just start a branch for 5.16 and let blead carry on please?

Then I dont have to remember what patches I have pending and blead
perl can carry on like normal.

This thing of blocking blead while we roll stuff out is just silly in
a vcs that manages branches as well as git does.

Yves